Trekking from Cicera to Potes by the Braña de los Tejos, where we will spend the night in the shelter at the “braña”.
We will enjoy stunning views along the way, from the sea to Picos de Europa. We will walk through forests of chestnuts and oak groves, through riverside forests and mountain meadows, until reaching the magic spot of the Braña de los Tejos, where these centenary trees will transport us to other time.
Type of trip: trekking, route of medium difficulty, interpretation of nature.
Duration: 2 days.
Rates: from 65 euros.
Dates: all weekends subject to prior reservation.
Adults and children over 12 years: 65 €. *
*Price per person.
Duration: 2 days.
Small group (maximum 15 people).
Minimum group of 8 people.
- Accompaniment of specialized personnel.
- Shelter accommodation.
- Displacement from Potes to the start point of the route.
- Travel insurance.
Does Not Include:
- Flights or other transports to the point of origin.
- Meals and drinks out of schedule.
- Everything not specified in the "Includes" section.
All weekends upon reservation.
Day 1. Cicera - Braña de los Tejos
10:00. Departure from POTES, with transport to Cicera.
Interpretive trekking route, where we will pay special attention to the different environments enjoying the richness and diversity of the forests of Peñarrubia. The route will take us to the Braña de los Tejos, enjoying during the route of amazing views from the sea to the highest peaks.
Difficulty of the route: medium.
Difference: approx. 950 m ascent.
Length: 8 km.
14:00 Lunch during the trip.
17:00 Arrival to Braña.
Day 2. Braña de los Tejos - Potes
Descent from the refuge to the Villa de Potes, we will discover the valley of Liébana walking its paths.
Difficulty of the route: medium-low.
Difference: 1000 m of descent.
Length: 12,5 km.
Put a donkey on your way
Choose to do the route in a different way by walking with one of our donkeys. An unforgettable experience with these fellow travelers who will carry backpacks and make the road more than a trekking route.
Do you want to meet them?
Donkey rental from 45 euros a day *.
* Donkey rental includes:
- Equipment needed for donkey handling and transport of material (maximum 30 kg of material per donkey).
- Introduction by specialized personnel to donkey management.
- Support of accompanying staff during the trip.
- Food for the animal during the trip.
- Asset liability insurance for the donkeys.